Posts Tagged “Resume”
The best way to identify your marketable skills is by creating a compelling resume. Your resume should be no longer than two to three pages, unless you have over 15 years of experience. Here are guidelines to follow when composing a resume…
- Start with an objective. Know what you want and state it clearly. State what you want to do, for whom, where, and at what level of responsibility.
- In addition to listing your job skills, describe the benefits and results of your performance so that you stand out from other candidates.
- Develop a list of major accomplishments for each permanent job or recruitments assignment. Place the most emphasis on recent achievements. Remember that most businesses value workers who save time and money.
- Ask yourself these questions:
- What challenges or obstacles have you faced?
- How did you overcome them?
- How did your actions benefit your employer?
- Sell yourself. A well-written resume can make a great first impression. List your strengths and several outstanding skills or abilities. Include education, training, and relevant awards.
- Proofread your resume. After you have checked for mistakes or errors, ask someone else to proofread your resume to check for typos.