Posts Tagged “cover letters”
A cover letter enables you to grab the interest of potential employers by drawing attention to your qualifications. Follow these simple guidelines when drafting your cover letter…
- Less is more. Good cover letters are never longer than one page. Cover letters should be easy to read in order to attract the reader’s attention.
- Avoid errors. Always check spelling, grammar, punctuation, spacing, paragraph length, and margins.
- Make sure you get the correct spelling and title of the person you are addressing the letter to.
- Write a compelling first sentence to intrigue the reader, such as a comment about the company’s industry that you might be aware of, or perhaps a comment about an award the company recently received.
- The second paragraph should explain what you can offer the company. Describe your strengths and why you would be an asset to the company. If applicable, describe how you could save the company time and money.
- Request action in your final paragraph. Ask for an interview, and offer to send references.
- End the letter with the formal salutation “Sincerely.” Below the salutation, type your name and then add your signature.